Blog

The sand #2

It looks pretty weird right? yes but the point is, the stuff is very slow to dry, so you can actually *blend* the differnet shades one into another..

Pouring the sand

That's right '"pouring'" the sand -we'll see how it works eh..
the trick was to use microballons like the ones you buy to make the snow on dioramas, then tint it with paints, and then pour the stuff on the right places.

Why '"pour'"? well because the stuff is half liquid, it will roll naturally around the various emebeded stuff, from the boat to the little bricks that will be added later!



The table after 90 mn of work

Okay, here is what the table looks like after 90 minutes of work, I show it because it is very important to clean regularly the place where you work with some tissue, otherwise you begin to throw some pigments everywhere if you are as messy as i am -but then there is no nice diorama without a bit of mess i am sorry to say ;)

In addition you may notice the vegetation near the hillock is quite dark compared to the yellowey colour of the hillock, that was done on purpose.. (later)



the painted hillock

here's what it looks like after 1 hour of various pigments, and then a wetbrush (by opposition with drybrush) of a whitey colour followed by yet more blending between the different shades

Setting up to the table

In some recent forums, i saw this nice Belgian guy coming up with all his very tidy diorama stuff , what a luck!
i am a messy guy, I use the top of my pigments bottles as some place where to mix 2 component epoxy glue or other things..
anyway, good music, bright coloured pigments a,d paints, a few old brushes and here we go! the idea is '"hunt for the red'"


the new mold for the sea is done out of silicon

I had to put on the table the biggest amount of money for this diorama
yet: some silicon stuff to do the mold for my sea. I hope this will be
the right one, i would hate dumping such a stupidly large amount of
money..

I used feather cardboard for the '"walls'" as well as platsicine and
strong paper to fill the holes between the different elements.

the stuff actually stes right now since yesterday night, I hope it is okay, i don't really dare having a look at it at the mo'

The Groundwork #3

Then I used a mix of some rougher sand and the thin sandy acrylic product mentioned below to do some of the tide's limit. I put some crushed dyed in black plaster on the top.
it looks a bit terrible like that, but hey, I still didn't put the real sand...


Pages