Blog

Arranging the 100mm bubble

Then i cut a platic striped the same height as the upper section and glued it inside the hole and recovered the whole with some Magic Sculp (look at the picture). Well I am quite late for this blog, The next instalment will be on friday :) And thanks Charles!

Fixing the 100mm '"bubble'"

Then i used a small saw to cut the right portion to be embeded in the hull and fixed it using superglue.

The 100mm gun space

Ah well, on my original plans I had overlook some big bubble on the top of the hull which is the place where one 100mm gun (5 inches?) gun was fixed. So well, here i vacuformed the place using a light bulb of the right dimensions!
Now will I make the gun itself?
Well no.
Simply because there is no reference at all findable!! I have been asking in french forums but they proved to be an almost desert. I can't believe the amount of stuff I have on pre 1917 russian stuff compare to the scarcity of the french stuff.
Curse the French.


back to the hull

Despite my relative silence there, I have been doing giant steps on the diorama.
Here I can introduce the rear half of the upper hull -done out of voluntary failed photoetch, so that i copuld have some weird textures. And then why photoetch?
Well i needed some small rivits holes evenly spaced on some places to help the painting later. You can't beat ciomputer to align stuff properly so thgis is what i have been doing :)



Charles Reading

JBA, looking good!
C.

And here is the result..

Not too bad. I think this week I will work on mounting these frets as well as disigning those for the main gun and the big crane.


The waterproof doors

or whatever they say in English for those doors :)

The portholes set

....And here is the set I finally done! As you can see it is fine enough!
there is seven portholes on my bit of Masséna..


The portholes

Well, I got some issues with the upper hull this week-end. i somehow forgot to do one of the photoetch fret so this part is in standby still i manage to create it. That's a long process which has in a way nothing to do with real model making!
But in the meantime it seems that one of the 3 goals I wanted to reach with this diorama is finally reached: this is the *streamlining of the photoetching process*.
It's still a bit long to create one fret, but I think i really master the process and am able to do the fine parts I need.
It seems the only downside to my method is the quality of the printing to the acetate/transparent paper.
Here is the fret I used for the portholes:



A close-up pic

well, kit really looks too nice :)
Now on with the upper hull


Pages