The Groundwork #2

here is a close up view of the plants + groundwork.
Notice anything? yep, the colours are not right. The plants are too dark, and the groundwork too pinkish.
Nevermind, I used this tinted plaster so i do not have to '"hunt for the white spots'" like I happen to do ususally. Most of it should be tainted/painted back in some way later.

The Groundwork #1

So i first coated my feather cardboard rocks with some tinted plaster. 2 different cups with 2 different shades of yellow red tints.
The top of the hillock was done out of acrylic gels mixed with some very fine sand (bought in an art shop) and paints.
I then embedded the plants i had already done in the still wet acrylic mix -you may have up to 15mn to work with it before the whole begins to set.

The New Sea #2

So well, I used the same recipe: some feather cardboard cut roughly at the right dimensions with a very long blade. Then plaster to smooth the whole -I used the worse quality, only one that was left.
Then I sealed it with some thick acrylic gel and added a few details on the waves using Magic Sculp.

The New Sea #1

After having ** out the first sea with my lousy moldings, i had to create another sea! I made it more violent as I was just a bit pissed of having to do everything all over again.

Failed attempt at molding the sea #2

Now I save the master and tried a plaster mold. did it succeed? nope, I never managed to wipe out the plaster mold without destroying the '"sea'" this morning.
14€ of resin thrown out of the window, the original master for the sea destroyed in the process, I am *not* happy.
Will have to find another way of making the mold. I am currently thinking about wax ..let's see in a few days..
I have to do another master for the sea bloody hell.

Failed attempt at molding #1

now talking about loosing time..
so here I waited for a whole week for that bloody latex mold to set, and once i take out the master, hey you see right, no way i will be abble to get a straight resin part out of this mess...

The ground cover is painted too

The ground cover of the beach was painte din rather dark colours with only the tip of the leaves painted in green /yellow

bricks asbestos debris and engine painted

I had some large lumps of '"asbestos'" and plaster left when i scratched the whole boiler, so i painted it in order to cover the ground near the boiler itself. The bricks were painted with several washes of red and black over the unprepared plaster.

Applying the rust #3

Then using the thinned black paint as a binder you dip your brush in the burnt sienna pigments and just apply the pigments on the wet paint very carefully but very randomly too. Finally you blend some parts of the pigments with the black underpainting. And you do that using a mix of the yellow and red pigments (just crush them together with a brush) on the strategic parts you want to get shinier.

the result as clearly seen on the pictures is a very matt finish, with some places where the pigments will actually create some extra TEXTURE.
I see some people use some gunze paints to paint their rusty things like for instance the exhaust pipes of tanks. This is a bad idea as the whole will lack some dephths methinks..

I have been doing the same on the rusty metal parts of the wood boat;
but i am rather unhappy with the rusty run ofs as well as some rivets that lack od details, so i will come back to this very soon.

If you have any questions, feel free to email (above) or ask a question directly (below)!