Well first a general picture of the layout, the colours are once more terrible
Fredericus Rex Ivy! Great stuff but I feel fed up of paying 9€ postage because their packaging is at least 50 times heavier than the actual lasercut leaves!! And the sheet I show is pretty small too.
First, let's paint them direct on the sheet, lots of diluted colours so that the paper gets really damp, then let it dry. you may observe quite a few nuances of green.
On for the base! This is some car repairing mastic, quite smelly stuff that I fluidified with Acetone. You can't see much as the white sort of crushes the contrasts but the ground is designed so that it looks like a mud pool with plenty of rills coming out from the vehicle.
Problem: it already bent the plastic base I used -I know it was a quite stupid move from me to use a simple plasticard base for such an aggressive product to use on top, but well.. I feel pretty tired these days
Roots and a view from behind; Cthulhu fhtagn I say
So I have a friend who tells me "you should put pictures with the material you actually use", oh well nothing fancy, no Mig Interactive stuff. I'd even say that even though I have the 2/3 of the Mig pigments collections, the 2 that I use the most are Windsor and Newton's, namely "VanDyke Brown" and "Burnt Sienna" which speaks more to me than "Ghoulish red" or "Chaos Black"
oops, that was games Workshop
Weathering.. to heck with that bloody camera, it looks like nothing, the final result should be more pleasing than this greenish pixel lump
here is a sort of preview of what the diorama should look like (sort of)
Well, here I am to show a diorama I will only do the latest part. Indeed my brother Nicolas Cabaret lent me the model, the idea and a few extra things for me to do the diorama, which is a fine pretext to start again publishing stuff on this very website which is certaibnly far from being abandoned.
So it happens that Nicolas Cabaret is too busy and will probably stay for a few months, so he left me the keys to carry on a project half begun by him.
Remember his latest? the Crash diorama used one part of the model, this special blog will concern the other half of the "car".
Now don't get me (us) wrong. neither of us don't much like plastic models nor are we enthused by military vehicles at all. But it is always good to go outside once path every now and again if only to prove oneself that yes, you can do it.
okay let's build that thing.
Now let's DESTROY that thing
So this is that my website got a few loading probelms and I had to redo the 2 latest blog entries which were about my latest diorama called "I can Fly now", here is what i wrote last summer :
I have a new diorama which should be ready soon but that won't make it in a blog because of no time really.
I also have been upgrading my website a bit, allowing to post even bigger pictuires for big screens and tiny ones for small screens. it should work!
This below is a gift from my friend Alex, the vehicle is weird enough, and I will work on this..
In the end the diorama proved to be not that bad and you can check the gallery here
So well why didn't I post any other pictures before the completed ones?
Well, first if I had show the suitcase, I think it would have given up the complete diorama, but the true reason is this:
A diorama is a *whole* when it comes to colours. I think it's sort of unwishable to paint each and every element separately if you prefer. As the colours of one element sort of influences the other element. So i spent a lot of time on the finish, applying several paint touches here and there turning around the scene again and again.. so that I have this weird colour scheme, end of the afternoon when the sun gets its pinkish shades and the last rays get the faces of the people almost orange.
I feel free with the colours ever since I saw a *green* light once in Galway, Ireland.