You seee that there is a lot of those rivits to be fixed on the damaged portion of the hull as each cross section holds with at least 8 of them! Lots of work but it really looks nice. Notice that I also fixed some bits of plastic cross section, so that it looks like the torch of the ship cutter went through it (only way to go away with the weird way in which the ship has been cut!)
So now I had my second fret ready. It's in a way better state than the first one. i finally understood what i did '"wrong'" with the first one so that it looked so err, rusty.
It's quite important that i am able to control these kind of effects if i want to succeed the whole thing..
So the point of those pics is to show basically what i do and to present -vaguely for the moment- the devices I have been building.
The red thing is the etch tank done out of a morning chocolate box, which is pierced and plugged to an aquarium air pump.
I take the fret between 2 wooden bits and secure the whole in a strong clamp (If i were to dip the clamp in the ferous oxyde, the metal parts would be attacked by the acid)