Blog

Numbering the parts

So I have been printing the hull's cross sections and been numbering them: the point is that i won't loose much time afterwards when it comes to assembling...

The cros sections

Here are the 5 cross sections. They're pretty ugly and not cut on the right dimensions yet. Most will end up being hidden.
Next step is all the small horizontal plastic cross sections, how boring.


Here we go again.

2 months of rest, it's about time I start again.
In my head i am already several months in advance when it comes to the work to be done, I *know* what i will do so let's hope I am not too tired on evenings and that i can move on pretty fast now.
I will film through the whole process of the diorama and already began, the thing is, I don't have th right cable to go from the camera to the computer, so no video today :)

First step, doing the cross sections of the part of the boat. I have been using some 5mm diameter plastic square section and have been bending it under a flame to get what you have on the picture.
4 others to go..


Which part of the Masséna?

Contrary to my cheapo tendencies, I have been buying (cheap) some early XXth century postcards about the Masséna, and my usual friends gave me a ton of great pictures.
As for the plans I have been finding them at the Ressource Historique website.
Here's the part of the ship I will build..


The Masséna

Look at this splendor, this is French ironclad Masséna.
Really i don't give a toss about French military stuff, I prefer modeling Russian, buit it's been a while I wanted to model this boat.
Of course, 1/35 i won't be able to model *the whole* of the boat. But believe me, if I succeed this one, it should be dreamy as Koktebel, rusted like Sokol, Grand like Archangel and Tsushima.
In other words, I start a huge project :)


The End

A few hours ago, I glued almost the last things on the diorama which included the painted fig as well as the paper clothes. I just have to take some pictures and post them, so i will stop the blog for this time with that single post. So here is the guy with the trousers half painted. As you can see the right side viewed from the front is painted in clearer shades than the left side -still according to that direction of the light thing. The article is already written at 95%. i *should* give it to Scott @ www.armorama.com soonish. It's 15 pages long already! So that's it for now. The new diorama will start in 1 or 2 weeks. Now you have to realize that both Koktebel and Sokol where some exercises, in which I learned homemade photoetch, direction of light, scratchbuilding my dioramas at 100%, sculpting people etc. the next diorama will use all of this, should take a lot of time to complete and should kick ass :)

third picture and a bonus

Today i got a comment on You -Tube from a video I thought I wasn't able to post. be aware that there's a major shortcoming in that there are *2* takes in one! So if you are bored after the first one just stop there! It's pretty cool though because despite my horrendous accent, i really explain what i want to do with the stuff, and it also shows future: i mean there should be a lot of video soon on this site :)

Pages