Rocket Girl diorama blog

T-26 resin turret

I didn't do much modelling this week, my kids gave me their various diseases. So i have been spending time writing articles for two different european mags (no, not French).

Well still to make me forgive for the fact the site was down for a whole day, and also to test some facebook->rss feature, I put up this thread which is about that Complekt Zip turret I tracked down from Russia, thanks for some advises I got on Armorama.

Well, it took the gentleman one week to send it by post, and then 2 extra weeks for the postman to deliver it, but then I didn't regret it.

Having no experience about resing kits whatsoever, it took me less than 45 mn to build this very beautiful turret. No flash, no bubbles, ultra clever placeholders, so much easier tio build than the Zvezda turret, a real bliss and  highhly recommended (and I don't recommend highly a lot of mail orders or companies)

Actually I was in doubt because of stuff I read, indeed Zvezda's kuit made some engine cover that doesbn't match the turret, so either I kept the turret and scratchbuilt a new turret vent, or I changed the turret and kept the engine.

well I choosed the second solution, half because of laziness, the other half because I liked the look of that conical turret, looked a bit pathetic actually, an dthe whole of my diorama will be dead pathetic.

Anwyay here are two pictures


Complekt Zip T-26 turret

 

 


T-26 turret

 

 

Rocket Girl

Well, here I am to show a diorama I will only do the latest part. Indeed my brother Nicolas Cabaret lent me the model, the idea and a few extra things for me to do the diorama, which is a fine pretext to start again publishing stuff on this very website which is certaibnly far from being abandoned.

So it happens that Nicolas Cabaret is too busy and will probably stay for a few months, so he left me the keys to carry on a project half begun by him.

Remember his latest? the Crash diorama used one part of the model, this special blog will concern the other half of the "car".
Now don't get me (us) wrong. neither of us don't much like plastic models nor are we enthused by military vehicles at all. But it is always good to go outside once path every now and again if only to prove oneself that yes, you can do it.

okay let's build that thing.

Now let's DESTROY that thing

 

A new roof

Let's rebuild what's been destroy, a new rood done with soft metal.

Lert's secure the whole build y pressing some green stuf on the underside of the roof

Okay here is the new roof, time for a bit of putty and sanding

Painting the vehicle

So I have a friend who tells me "you should put pictures with the material you actually use", oh well nothing fancy, no Mig Interactive stuff. I'd even say that even though I have the 2/3 of the Mig pigments collections, the 2 that I use the most are Windsor and Newton's, namely "VanDyke Brown" and "Burnt Sienna" which speaks more to me than "Ghoulish red" or "Chaos Black"
oops, that was games Workshop

Weathering.. to heck with that bloody camera, it looks like nothing, the final result should be more pleasing than this greenish pixel lump

here is a sort of preview of what the diorama should look like (sort of)

Getting the base ready

On for the base! This is some car repairing mastic, quite smelly stuff that I fluidified with Acetone. You can't see much as the white sort of crushes the contrasts but the ground is designed so that it looks like a mud pool with plenty of rills coming out from the vehicle.
Problem: it already bent the plastic base I used -I know it was a quite stupid move from me to use a simple plasticard base for such an aggressive product to use on top, but well.. I feel pretty tired these days

Roots and a view from behind; Cthulhu fhtagn I say

Leaves

Well first a general picture of the layout, the colours are once more terrible

Fredericus Rex Ivy! Great stuff but I feel fed up of paying 9€ postage because their packaging is at least 50 times heavier than the actual lasercut leaves!! And the sheet I show is pretty small too.

First, let's paint them direct on the sheet, lots of diluted colours so that the paper gets really damp, then let it dry. you may observe quite a few nuances of green.