Seddul-Bahir diorama blog

Miliput in the holes

In order for the ties to be stringer , i have been inserting some miliput through them -when drying the assemblies will be really rigid.

Shortly after having taken those pictures, I switched for Duro, as it's softer and definitely less dirty to apply..


cutting the windows

After all the sections had be glued together, i proceeded to cut out the intact metal plates -both the one that is inwards and the outwards one. I cut out the windows as well as seen here

the top part is now completed

I glued the plate to the boat's skeleton and here we have the upper part partly done.
i will have to create the window's sides before being able to glue the other part.
Now I will have to start assembling the lower round part.
After that will stay the harder thing to do: the damaged metal plates.
oh yes and some riveting too!


modeling the bottom of the hull

Here is a small investment I have been doing (cheapo on ebay), a circular cutter which is really very useful to cut out some 1cm+ holes in plastic. Sadly, the thing is that this tool is designed to cut out paper. It won't last long with platsic and then I have to find a supply of blades..
Anyway, here is the hole where the turret will pop out.



Dry fitting the Masséna's hull

here is a dry fitting of the hull. notice the space where there will be some niche with an escape door. the turret will be placed emerging from hole on the horizontal plates.
Now after asking several questions about ship building in forums, it seems that I will have to do the whole of the hull in photoetch! Time to work out my plans...


the first video :)

By popular demand..
Actually I have already 2 hours of footage already done, with no vocal parts, but here's one bit I did 1 month ago, before actually beginning to cut plastic. It kinda explains the making up and plans or the diorama, there will be more, loads more!


Pages