Seddul-Bahir diorama blog
And here i go again with this hell that is homemade photoetching. Here is one of the frets i need for the diorama, and it's the one of the escape door behind the turret. No problem to design the fret..
I have been building a very efficient machine to lighten up the photoresist covered brass, but have a look at this, I shopuld have known it wouldn't work. The thing is I have been printing the sheme on some transparent laser paper but my printer is NOT good enough..
Now here is the result, not so bright...
I *think* that during all those weeks of trying, I managed to streamline the photetching making process. more on this soon.
Anyway, here's a ravaged looking photoetch set that I left too much in the acid. Why? hey, i needed it to be really very rusty looking, And I think i managed!
So here are the different parts after cleaning and trimming -the rest is some rivet plates that will be fixed here and there.
Now here are the parts as glued on the lower part of the hull!
Notice the porthole that i rougly cut in the plastic, then I inserted a plastic tube so that the shape would be perfect.
Now the mastic part, soon it will be sanded and I will add the lower part of the rusted metal plates
Still working with the photoetch plates; here are 4 that will be part of the hull, including the small one which is designed for the portholes.
So the point of those pics is to show basically what i do and to present -vaguely for the moment- the devices I have been building.
The red thing is the etch tank done out of a morning chocolate box, which is pierced and plugged to an aquarium air pump.
I take the fret between 2 wooden bits and secure the whole in a strong clamp (If i were to dip the clamp in the ferous oxyde, the metal parts would be attacked by the acid)
After 5 mn of this treatment, you notice that the parts of the plate which were developped begin to turn black