This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
here is a close up view of the plants + groundwork.
Notice anything? yep, the colours are not right. The plants are too dark, and the groundwork too pinkish.
Nevermind, I used this tinted plaster so i do not have to '"hunt for the white spots'" like I happen to do ususally. Most of it should be tainted/painted back in some way later.
So i first coated my feather cardboard rocks with some tinted plaster. 2 different cups with 2 different shades of yellow red tints.
The top of the hillock was done out of acrylic gels mixed with some very fine sand (bought in an art shop) and paints.
I then embedded the plants i had already done in the still wet acrylic mix -you may have up to 15mn to work with it before the whole begins to set.
So well, I used the same recipe: some feather cardboard cut roughly at the right dimensions with a very long blade. Then plaster to smooth the whole -I used the worse quality, only one that was left.
Then I sealed it with some thick acrylic gel and added a few details on the waves using Magic Sculp.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.