Please visit my new website
I have a new website at www.distant-shores.com its aim is to gather all the nature centered websites I have been doing those past few months,
This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
Back to the second part of the boat -ie the boiler.
I added bits of what was left of my thick aluminium foil from the Archangel diorama. unfortunately the bits where not big enough, so I glued several length together so that in the end the right length is obtained.
I then proceeded to rip-of the extremities of the alumnium foil using a compass.. when it was done, I strenghtened the underside with 2 components epoxy glue.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.