This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
Well, I got some issues with the upper hull this week-end. i somehow forgot to do one of the photoetch fret so this part is in standby still i manage to create it. That's a long process which has in a way nothing to do with real model making!
But in the meantime it seems that one of the 3 goals I wanted to reach with this diorama is finally reached: this is the *streamlining of the photoetching process*.
You seee that there is a lot of those rivits to be fixed on the damaged portion of the hull as each cross section holds with at least 8 of them! Lots of work but it really looks nice.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.