It has been quite a few time I didn't update this -got tired of my diorama. I can't believe it's been 7 months it's been started, i already dream about the new one.. oh well. And then i made some major changes to the website, 1 year after i launched it! It should be a bit lighter when it comes to bandwith.
This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
I plan to film through the whole of my next diorama! here's a single try i have been doing a few hours ago by a raging cold. it basically show the resin block -and also some not entirely unexpected mistake that will be soon attended :) Below is a picture of the craddle simulation..
Here's a close-up of the final result. You may notice the problem with trapped air bubbles. there's a big one on the top that I will have to cover in some way. The water look opaque and so it will stay until I coat it with some kind of varnish like Clear Quote for instance. BTW you may notice some place near the air intake where you can see better through the water, well i have been treating it this way as a try.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.