This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
Here is the same ar intake after a bit of work. I have been basically -repainting/ screening the airbrushed color with lighter shades so that could produce some discolorations ,and also various run offs on the inside of the air intake.
Now I am looking at it, the green is a bit Kermit-ey. Oh no problem, it's going to be weathered :) So these first pictures show the air intake as it was airbrushed last week-end. i already pre-shadowed the parts that will be more or less hidden in the dark. I used a combination of various Valejo's greens.
So, here's the coating for the base, which will eventually end up in the water. I protected the glass parts (which will allow me later to see where i put the resin) with some Tamiya masking tape. All the paint is rusty coloured of course. Several coats from redish to almost black paint. Including some run offs done with too much diluted paint. I should add some texture this evening.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.