This is a bit lame, but I need to change the server of this site which is so slooow, and also to reactivate cdiorama.com
Here's another view. You may notice that the glass sheet to which I glued most of the elements is *smaller* than the upper surface, hey, that's because I need some placeon each side to pour the elements! Now you may ask why i didn't glued the elements to the upper glass sheet which will end up being the bottom of my mould? well, that's because I want the final water/resin to be easily unmouldable. This way, i will be able to grease efficiently all the surface.
OK, so here's the work in process.
In this drawing (just send me a mail to get it big size if you will), i explain all the ways of the resin and how to bypass this '"retracting'" thing. the only way is just to mould the base while cutting everything below waterline.
Products heads up
I was sent that Pebeo Cernes Relief product some time agio and liked it straight away. Its fine tip allows me to make joints between the stuff i embbed in water and the stuff itself like my graves here.
It dries just like regular glossy Acrylic gel that you can find in art shops or Valejo's Water Effect (which is exactly the same stuff)
The reason I use those flex-pad instead of other solutions is seen here: I have been owning the same since 4 years and even though mine are in bad shape they still work alright. I love the "blade tip" which allows to sand in the crevices
That's a hobby sort of posting. I recently bought Uschi van der Rosten's metalic pigments and well, I used to know Alex before he was Uschi you see and this kind of posts can't do him wrong.