So this is that my website got a few loading probelms and I had to redo the 2 latest blog entries which were about my latest diorama called "I can Fly now", here is what i wrote last summer :
I have a new diorama which should be ready soon but that won't make it in a blog because of no time really.
I also have been upgrading my website a bit, allowing to post even bigger pictuires for big screens and tiny ones for small screens. it should work!
This below is a gift from my friend Alex, the vehicle is weird enough, and I will work on this..
This new section regroups all the past blogs I have been running on this site under its various incarnations. The content is quite variable in quality, I hope you can fetch some good info nonetheless.
So that was some three weeks worth of "work" then, the 4 first meters of that small ship are finally completed. I have no real time to feed t-hat blog properly, so here are some of the steps I used in order to build all the accessories. few text, loads of pictures.
Now the trick for etching brass is that the etching must be the fastest possible.
That means that the bath musn't be clogged, the Perchlorure de fer (okay, can't remind how to say that in English), it must also be stirred and heated
So in an old aquarium I put 2 liters of the acid, an aquarium heater and air pump and dipped the fret in it.
You can see pretty fast if things go well. look below the parts pop out of the metal
When i changed my website earlier this year, all of my archives went down the drain. including everything related to Homemade Photoetch. So here is a bit of a reminder associated to my newest project.
Well first let's spend a bit of time on Inkscape or Illustrator (any vector graphic software) drawing this nice plan. Remember, there should be the less white possible because the white parts will be dissolved and you don't need to get your acid bath clogged too early.