Well, I got some issues with the upper hull this week-end. i somehow forgot to do one of the photoetch fret so this part is in standby still i manage to create it. That's a long process which has in a way nothing to do with real model making!
But in the meantime it seems that one of the 3 goals I wanted to reach with this diorama is finally reached: this is the *streamlining of the photoetching process*.
It's still a bit long to create one fret, but I think i really master the process and am able to do the fine parts I need.
It seems the only downside to my method is the quality of the printing to the acetate/transparent paper.
Here is the fret I used for the portholes:
You seee that there is a lot of those rivits to be fixed on the damaged portion of the hull as each cross section holds with at least 8 of them! Lots of work but it really looks nice. Notice that I also fixed some bits of plastic cross section, so that it looks like the torch of the ship cutter went through it (only way to go away with the weird way in which the ship has been cut!)
So now I had my second fret ready. It's in a way better state than the first one. i finally understood what i did "wrong" with the first one so that it looked so err, rusty.
It's quite important that i am able to control these kind of effects if i want to succeed the whole thing..